Friday, February 04, 2005

Bee's Knees

Yeah, the bird crap thing didn't really work out for me. It did get me mocked by Sam for a full 5 minutes, but that's just more fun and less "pay the bills." Anyway, I've been searching around for something good and heart attack inducing to make for Sunday's Superbowl Party. I haven't found the perfect recipe yet, but I did find this recipe for a honey cocktail that sounds deeeelissscious. Now all I need is an occasion to make these. But upon reflection, "occasion" could mean "Hey, I'm wearing Pants" Day, these sound that good. ..

Bees Knees
For Honey Syrup:Mix 1/4 cup hot water and 1 tsp dried lavenderblossoms in a bowl. Let steep for 5 minutes. Whisk in1/4 cup honey. Strain into another bowl.

For Cocktail: 3 tablespoons honey syrup6 tablespoons gin2 tablespoons lemon juicestrain into cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well andpour into chilled Martini glasses.

from Bon Appetit, March 2005

No comments: