Sunday, November 27, 2005

Survived

We survived the holiday weekend with my parents, Sam's parents, Sam's sisters boyfriend's parents, several friends with no family in town.. and 7 dogs: one with pneumonia that threw up about every 10 minutes on Thanksgiving Day. That was lovely. Definitely makes the candied yams less appealing. If that's even possible. I hate candied yams. My mom managed to talk for 72 hours straight. I'm pretty sure I stopped listening around the time she was describing for me for the third time the funeral of someone I didn't even know. I'm also pretty sure my stepdad permanently turned down his hearing aid sometime in 2002. But despite all that, it was actually an okay weekend. Despite it being 85 degrees and almost December. If it will dip down at least 10-15 degrees, I can maybe start my Christmas shopping. I just can't bring myself to do it when I'm still wearing shorts.

No comments: