Friday, January 27, 2006

Listening to


Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. As far as music goes, I'm about as cutting edge as a spork. So, I don't really hear or know about cool bands til at least 2-5 years after everyone else..

But last summer, we found ourselves in the middle of They-Could-Shoot-A-Horror-Movie-Here-Its-THAT-Nowhere Upstate New York with no radio and no (gasp) CD's on hand, other than what our friend Clint (on the right) brought with him. In pops Me First and the Gimme Gimmes Ruin Jonny's Bar Mitzvah. If you've not heard it, it's hee-larious. They had me heart and soul with their version of "Delta Dawn." Since then, Sam and I have been buying up all their albums. I'm listening to the last one we bought. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes Are a Drag. It might be my second favorite--just based on "Rainbow Connection" alone.

1 comment:

fishdog said...

i love those guys, too!

they crack me up.

summertime is my fav, methinks. or science fiction picture show.