Thursday, June 29, 2006

Here's some pie, now shut up

Oh, I didn't mean to get all cranky on you... To make up for it, here's a recipe for Blackberry Pie. My favorite pie in the world. I got this from the magazine my friend is the food editor for, so I know it's edible (she tests all the recipes before they pick and print them). Plus, since there's no oven or "cooking" involved, I can make this.

Frosted Blackberry Pie
9-inch pie crust (regular pie crust or graham)
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice (fresh or reconstituted)
1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries (save a few big
ones for garnish)
Cool Whip or whipped cream

Mix sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice together until thickened. Very gently, fold in blackberries. Spoon into crust and top with Cool Whip or whipped cream. Garnish with a few big berries. Chill several hours or overnight. Serves 12.

No comments: