Wednesday, August 30, 2006

We all love St. Mary's...

Back in the day (and by "day" I mean..cough cough.. 17 years ago), I went to an all-girl catholic high school... one which two of my neices are attending now. One is a freshman, the other is a senior. In other words, one really hates it and the other is only just starting to hate it. Just kidding, there's maybe some mild distaste. I just have to laugh because they have it sooooooooo easy and they don't even know it. As their momma (my sister) has pointed out, neither one of them has yet had to commit this to memory and recite it on command...

I've only just a minute,
Only sixty seconds in it.
Forced upon me, can't refuse it,
Didn't seek it, didn't choose it,
But it's up to me to use it.
I must suffer if I lose it,
Give an account if I abuse it,
Just a tiny little minute,
But eternity is in it.


Yeah, that's right, you heard me. Seventeen years later and I can still rock "God's Minute." That Sister Matthew. What was she, two feet tall?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is no way I could have remembered that after all this time...and cut Sr. Matthew a break...the hump back took off a good 5 inches...I'm going to hell in a handbasket lol Court

Stinkydog said...

yeah, don't let the fiery doors hit you on your way out...

Robyn said...

I don't think I ever had her...I definately would have remembered the short thing, not that saying. Now I can recite..."We all love St. Mary's , the best school we know of....!!" Wanna hear the rest???