Thursday, October 04, 2007

Hannah Montana? Seriously?

I'm posting this article for my sister's benefit. She who called me in a panic the day before tickets went on sale for Hannah Montana in my hometown of Little Rock to see if I could possibly try to get tickets before they sold out because my neice was dying to go. She was going to be trying the website for tickets and Saint Blake, her husband, was going to go actually stand in line at the box office, but they'd heard tickets were selling out in less than thirty minutes for this concert and they wanted extra insurance. As it turns out, I couldn't help (you couldn't purchase them from out of state). But one of my first questions was, "Are we talking Hannah Montana? Like, spawn of Mr. Achy Breaky Heart? Or JESUS?" Because, this is really bizarre. As it turns out, she was right. Who knew?

excerpt:

Venues for the 54-date tour by 14-year-old Miley Cyrus, the star of the Disney Channel show, sold out in as little as four minutes and scalpers are getting four to five times the face value, creating a torrent of complaints from frustrated parents. A single ticket for the show in Charlotte, N.C., sold for $2,565

No comments: