Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sookie Stackhouse

Remember earlier when I said I had something to tell you about the books I've been reading? I finished the last Charlaine Harris book I hadn't gotten to yet. Who is Charlaine Harris? Well, for starters, she lives in Arkansas. I don't know if I would classify her writing as chick-lit, but maybe a little more entertaining for women? The only reason I say that is because when I told Sam the basic plotline of the series I was reading he gave me this, "uh huh" look and probably rolled his eyes when I wasn't looking even though I know he'd totally enjoy the books and just not let on... Let's just say, there's vampires. And a wee bit of romance in there (but not of the heaving bosom variety). I just think her Sookie Stackhouse books are pretty entertaining and easy to read--a little along the lines of Buffy the Vampire Slayer set in small town Louisiana and minus the slaying. Great characters and really engaging--Anyway, a little validation comes in the form of HBO developing the books as a series. Pretty cool, huh?

P.S. I wonder if Mel knows her?

No comments: