Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Routine

Every week day morning I have the same routine:

The dogs regularly wake me up at 5:45-6am. I never actually have to be up this early and even though I've tried to use the extra time to get my daily exercise out of the way, it never happens. I can't be jostled that early in the morning, and I've discovered that I have the motor skills of a drunk 3 year old until I've had at least two cups of coffee. Seriously, it's a miracle that I'm able to navigate pants... So,what I do instead every morning is get up, turn on the stereo to NPR, grab a blankie and dive back onto the couch to sleep for another 30-45 minutes. Except, it's never really sleep. Usually I sort of just fall into a half-doze/half-listening to the news. Quite often, I get confused about what I really heard on Morning Edition vs. what I may have dreamt. So, now you understand why I wasn't sure if Castro really resigned today or if they have started farming Easter- plaid carrots.

No comments: