Friday, February 29, 2008

Though I really, really need to get out more, there aren't any movies I wish to go see. I'm hard-pressed to even put any of the current offerings on my Netflix queue, much less go to a theater. So, no movie reviews from me. Instead, here's a short list of films I won't be watching this weekend and why:

The Other Boleyn Girl starring Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johannsen and Eric Bana. I'm sure this is a perfectly ok movie; however, the lady who wrote this book, Philippa Gregory, wrote this other book that I started reading once and then had to put down because it veered so far into incest as tragic romance that I actually almost barfed. It sorta gags me even thinking about it.

Be Kind, Rewind starring Mos Def and Jack Black. You know, it's just that I already saw the 12-minute trailer and I feel I have the gist.

Step Up 2 the Streets
starring...uh. I'm not sure who any of these people are. And no, I'm not skipping this one because it seems an obvious choice. It's just that when we upgraded to DVR our cable company gave us a free year's subscription to Showtime and I'm pretty sure this one will be on cable in about three weeks. I don't want to waste the opportunity to watch it after a bottle and a half of wine. What? Roll Bounce was excellent after four mojitos..

1 comment:

MarĂ­a said...

You know...Roll Bounce was pretty good that night I had too many Amaretto Sours.