Friday, March 07, 2008

Friday Observations

sorry ahead for the lack of cohesion--it's been one of those weeks. A list of things currently pondering..

1. yes, I saw the puppy throwing video that was making the rounds and it makes my stomach hurt too much to think about it. As disgusting as the behavior is, what's more sad is the circumstances that drove this person to the mental instability he's so obviously suffering from. It makes me weary and depressed and I don't handle either of those emotions very well, so you won't be hearing much else about it from me.

2. on a lighter note:I've been doing a project at work that requires me to listen a lot to my recorded voice. I kindof sound like Minnie Mouse's Appalachian cousin.

3. I spent more on library overdue fines for the last book I checked out than it would have been just to buy the book outright--hardcover, even. They're going to take away my ALA membership any day now.

4. While listening to the radio at lunchtime,it occurs to me that Jack Johnson has now recorded the same song with different lyrics 19 times in a row, man. Somebody please stop him.

5. I leave for France in two weeks and I still don't know how to say "Point me to the Smelly Cheese!". gotta get on that.

Yall have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Lets see...

Je suis une Americain stupide. Ou est le fromage?

Don't forget the street vendors - after the first day, we abandoned all fancy restaurants and lived on Croque Monseiurs, crepes, and these amazing hot dogs outside the Louvre that were made with baguettes, stinky cheese, and dijon mustard. Of course, fine dining is not something we know much about.

Anonymous said...

Also-
"montrez-moi à cheese puant"
if you want to demand, in the imperative...

-Sam

Anonymous said...

thanks! yes, I think the imperative is called for...

Suzy said...

Real loud and slow, "chu-eeeze????"