Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just 'cause


I'm feeling particularly useless after a 4 1/2 hour night of sleep and a day spent in an "e-learning symposium" (yeah.) So, to up our usefullness factor at Stinkydog, here are some wine recommendations from the non-wine expert who lives with the sommelier who brings home new stuff to taste. (next week, grammar class!)

I'm pretty sure all these are readily available at your local wine market.

1. Casa Julia Sauvignon Blanc 2006 (Chile). first impression: Holy crap that's tart! might be really nice in the summertime, but maybe needs to mellow out a bit first. It was kinda like drinking Sprees.

2. Koura Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2006 Awatere Valley, Marlborough (New Zealand). slurrrrrrp. slurp slurp slurp slllluuuuurrrpp. I'm sorry, was I supposed to be writing something? Me likey.

3. Bridgeview Blue Moon Pinot Noir 2006 (Oregon).huh. sip, sip..ummmmmm, eh. (shrugs).

4. Le Poesie Amarone della Valpolicella 2004 (Italy). omg,I think I love you. mwah mwah mwah! ladies and germs, we have a winner! I'm going to curl up with a nice fat glass right now. Do not disturb me.



and there you have it: wine reviews from the underslept and inarticulate. you're welcome.

2 comments:

The Girl You Used to Know said...

well stated. especially the sluuurrrp. that tells me all I need to know.

Older not wiser said...

Check it out-New York Times "Glaxo says wine may fight aging".You might be smarter than you know.