Tuesday, April 01, 2008

A list..

Steph requested some particulars about all these yummy wines I've been mentioning, so I have started rooting around in Sam's man-purse for his tasting notes. For those of you who may not know us in person, Sam actually does this wine thing for a living (acting as sommelier for a couple of different places here in Austin), so that is how we got these private tastings set up--because he is able to write things like "very clean cherry notes--balance between finesse of Beaune and power of Cotes de Nuits. Bright acid notes and good tannic grip. Will stand a medium amount of aging" without sounding like a total doofus, while I am more apt to say something like "I think that dark red one would be good over chocolate ice cream."

here is a partial list of some of the wines I've mentioned at Louis Latour (note: 1er just means "premiere") :

Maison Louis Latour, Mersault 1er Cru Chateau de Blagny 2005
Maison Louis Latour, Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Cailleret 2004
Maison Louis Latour, Aloxe-Corton 1er Cru Les Chaillots 2005 (where quote above came from)
Maison Louis Latour, Beaune 1er Cru Vignes Franches 2001

2 comments:

Steph said...

Thank you!

Stinkydog said...

you're welcome. As soon as I can decipher some more of Sam's handwriting, I'll list some more.