Monday, May 19, 2008

there is a country song in this somewhere

Ah, young stupid (Arkansas) love.

After the parents went to sleep, the boys found some of the adults’ beer and “got liquored up,” Dorney said.The pair then stole the keys to the 12-year-old’s stepfather’s company-owned pickup, Dorney said, and set out to find a girl they had met at a rodeo.

and my favorite part..
Clark James, 46, who lives down the road from the accident site, said he answered the boys ’ banging at his front door with shotgun in hand about 2: 30 a.m.

“I opened the door and the first thing [the 12-year-old ] said to me was, ‘I’m drunk and I had a wreck, ’”


not funny, but.. hee!

2 comments:

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I heard this story on NPR yesterday! Cracked me up.

Robyn said...

Oh, but at least Alabama beats us in the youngest ever arrested drunk!