Monday, July 14, 2008

This morning's...um, I mean afternoon's post is brought to you by the letter Z, as in, "boy I wish I had gotten some *($*& Z's last night instead of waking up at 1:15am and then at 3am and then again at 4:30 trying to comfort a dog whose ears that are recovering from surgery apparently got so infected overnight we had to make an emergency room visit this morning. People take bits of stories like this as evidence that someday I might be a good parent, should that ever happen. "Look how nice and caring you are with all those dogs," they say. Like this is going to somehow transfer itself to some innate ability to change a diaper with one hand while sewing homemade Halloween costumes with the other. I don't want to burst your bubble here, but I gotta tell you, that ER visit only came after I attempted to tie his back legs together with one of Sam's socks to keep him from scratching while simultaneously looking in the bathroom closet for some sort of sedative that I could give a cocker spaniel without actually killing him. I figured Percodan might overdo it.

I considered it though.

zzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: