Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Reporting to you from hot and muggy Tyler, Texas, Holiday Inn EXPRESS (that's the more hip HI, in case you didn't know or that's what they told me). It's ok so far--the drive over wasn't bad. We saw wet stuff fall from the sky and managed not to stick our dry, shriveled hands out the window to soak in it, if only for a brief bittersweet moment. The HI isn't horrible--they seem to have real coffee, although unless it is Bring Your Invisible Hearing-Impaired Child To Work Day, I'm not sure why they have SpongeBob Squarepants blaring from the TV in the Lobby. I'm on the 2nd floor near the back and I can still hear it in my room. Crazy. Anyway, I believe we're going to be busy busy busy tomorrow, so I'm not sure how much of beautiful Tyler we'll see, but I'll let you know if I find anything good (East Texas is always good for something bizarre, isn't it?)

No comments: