Tuesday, September 16, 2008

ugh

This morning I got up super-early to take the Wookie Boys to their nip/snip appointment because when I made the appointment a month ago, they told me to drop them off between 7am and 7:30am (which, incidentally is usually when I'm throwing a small dog at the alarm clock and/or snoozing on the couch most mornings). I arrived at 7:20 only to have the receptionist tell me that they've changed their check-in times to 8:00am and "Someone will be with you in about 45 minutes." I wasn't too pleased, but I also wasn't too functional at the moment, so I sat down to wait.

I can only assume that the look on my pre-makeup face, general disheveled, wrinkly clothed appearance combined with the presence of two barking oversized yipyappers who thought it was cute to howl anytime the phone rang, plus the fact that someone must have rubbed a balding cat all over the walls in that place because there was enough feline fur flying around to send me into hacking, snorting fit-- I ASSUME that all of this just *might* have caused either unexpected sympathy or extreme annoyance (probably the latter) because I was out of there in less than ten minutes.

It pays to be gross and irritating sometimes, I guess. I'll take it, anyway.

No comments: