Tuesday, April 07, 2009

hey there, brown bear. I'm still alive, we just had a busy weekend is all with Clint and Hillary's wedding. Also, I drank a lot. (heh). oh, don't call CPS--it wasn't that much, but more than I have in the last 10 months, so the recovery was a little slowish.

Clint and Hillary's wedding was fantastic. It was at avery pretty place which I would love to go back to at some point. You can ride horseys there.. if you're not terrified of them, that is. (cough cough) We had a great little cabin with a hot tub. Unfortunately, I don't get into water when it's 40 degrees. Sam does, but I missed out. Sam was the officiant at the wedding--made possible by his getting ordained via mail by the Church of the Subgenius. Hysterically, this led to me being introduced at the reception as "the minister's wife" by a nice older lady. I did not have the heart to argue. Well, I did argue the first time--Specifically I said, "He is not actually a minister", but she either didn't hear me or didn't care because she called me "the minister's wife" to about 8 more people, so after that I just rode with it.

Both the ceremony and the reception were very Clint and Hillary which is to say: silly and fun and totally right. There were crawfish, light sabers and karaoke if that gives you a clue. Highlights included some death metal and a cover of Mamma Mia by the lead singer of STABBA, the punk Abba cover band. (Sixth most popular cover band in Austin, apparently--See below). I did not do any singing. I am far too motherly for that now. Also, I drank a lot. (KIDDING--it was just a little, I swear, barely enough to justify the "pump and dump").

Hopper was a major trooper--sleeping peacefully throughout the ceremony and happily urping up on whoever wanted to hold him. You should have seen the look of complete and utter joy when he discovered that there are other women who have much MUCH larger boobs than his mom. We didn't have the heart to tell him that those ta tas weren't going to feed him. He was happy enough just to lay his head down on them. Thus began his initial descent into mammary obsession which will end either sometime in his early thirties or when he finds a small breasted soulmate. We're very proud that he lasted until Midnight and only began to cry when they played the Chicken Dance, which just confirms that he has Sam's DNA.

All in all it was a great time and we are so happy for Hopper's GodDad and his lovely bride.



No comments: