Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hiya! I'm Here! I'm just..covered up in puppy poo and baby over here. The Hop is doing great. The pups..not so much. I won't go into detail, but suffice it to say, the Poop Factory has gone into overtime and it's starting to maybe perhaps signal a health issue. We're on it though. Literally. I stepped in poop just now. (only slightly kidding).

We had a nice holiday weekend getting to see folks I hadn't seen in a while. Since it was the last weekend before the "OK, Let's Get Serious Now, You Had Your Baby 3mths Ago, Now Your Ass is Just Messing With You" diet, I had a ton of awesome food. I even made a dish that Sam liked. This is a pretty rare event, since I can mess up a recipe like nobody's business. I tend to look at recipes as more "inspiration" rather than cut/dried instructions, which is why most of the stuff I make tastes like wallpaper paste. But every once in a while, my meandering off the written path sometimes results in something that's not only edible, but hey: tasty! I even had someone ask me for the recipe for this one, so as far as I can remember, this is how it went

2 blocks softened cream cheese
1 cup mayo
1 little thingie of sourcream
2 cans diced jalapenos
1 can diced green chiles
1/2 cup pangko crumbs
1-2 cups grated parmesan

mix the first 5 together, put in pie or cake pan and top with the last two, put on heat source til it's bubbly and the top browns a little (either oven for 25 mins or so or grill and eyeball it). If you have a smoker nearby, putting it on the smoker adds a really nice taste to it. It's good with chips or as something to put on your fish or pork tacos. And hey! It hasn't killed anybody! (yet) Go Me!

No comments: