Monday, October 10, 2011

Got it!

You know, I've been wracking my brain for the last 3 weeks months trying to figure out what to dress up as for Halloween. Yeah. I know: first-world problem. Also, It's not as if I have huge Halloween parties to prepare for. There's, um, one with seven 2 year olds? That's a biggie, right? And you know, there's that whole trick-or-treating for what will probably only last for about a block and a half that I cannot possibly show up for un-costumed. So, it's been realllly important that I get on top of this thing. But, as most things here lately, there's perimeters that must be met:

1). I cannot "do" store-bought costumes already put together. I'm allergic. To the lack of creativity and also, that grandma smell.

2). I do not have the body for "sexy" anything. That includes Sexy Crayon, Sexy Sumo Wrestler or Sexy Poison Ivy, all of which are available for purchase on Amazon.com. Also, WTF.

3). It cannot be anything that would terrify seven 2 year olds (although that would crack me up, I'd prefer not to get kicked out of daycare. They might make me take my kids with me).

4). So, while terrifying the tots is out, I also can't do simpering either. I saw a Rainbow costume online and I thought, "awww, that's sweet." and then I wanted to retch.

and lastly:

5. there is a budget. Yes, actually having probably less than 2 hours total dress up time does NOT deter me from dressing up in the slightest, but I'm not going to spend more than $20 per hour doing it. I'm not. $19.95, maybe.

So, as you can tell, I've already set myself for an unrealistic goal given my lack of sewing skills and inability to wield a glue gun without permanently bonding my index fingers together. BE THAT AS IT MAY: I have a costume!

I am soooooooo excited. Part of it, okay a BIG part, came from someone else's labor and skill. I don't care. I came up with the idea that MAKES it. And if you're really nice, I'll tell you what it is. Just as soon as I'm done and I'm sure it doesn't look stupid. Ah, who am I kidding, it'll look stupid. BUT AWESOME.

1 comment:

Older not wiser said...

You are the Queen of Halloween-can't wait to see it!