Monday, June 18, 2012

notes on the weekend


I know it was only 48 hours, but I think our weekend might have just lasted several months... in other words, it was a looooonnnngg two days. We didn't do anything particularly stressful (other than getting passport photos for the boys, which... let me reiterate for the folks who are not friends with me on Facebook: my children do not cooperate with the words, "Say cheese" or "look at Mama, No, MAMA, not the floor or the lollipop display, MOM, ME, YOUR MOTHER HERE WITH THE CAMERA"). So, that was a little trying, but yeah, I don't know what it was about this weekend. Seemed long, and yet: not enough sleep.  Sam and I went to see Snow White and the Huntszzzzzzzz, wha? I'm sorry, were you saying something?  BOOorring. It was nice to get out of the house, though.  Here are some of the other things we did..




This picture was taken at the playground after I had a Two Minute Heart-Attack looking for Rowan, only to discover that, shitonashingle: he can climb into that tunnel thingie.
Here he is precariously perched on the BIG KID slide, shortly before his brother (to the right) shoved him down the BIG KID slide. Not shown: PANIC and SCREAMING.  Rowan will be sticking to the ground for a while, I think. At least for a couple of minutes.
Ah yes, the passport photos. I know. They look deranged. But they aren't screaming or picking noses or lunging for a box of Raisinets being held just off camera (though Rowan is giving it his bedroom eyes), so I'll take it.
On Sunday, we went out for brunch with the family. Hopper thinks he is too cool for brunch.

Rowan was having... nap issues. His Gram was commiserating. I think I'm going to blow this one up to 8x10 and hang it on the wall.

I was also having nap issues. With my hair.
Rowan thinks that "Brunch" is where they keep you from taking a nap and make you eat crayons. He's not wrong.
Later on, we went to dinner at a lovely couple's house. Despite the fact that their house is filled with beautiful things and not used to crazed monkey-children, they were positively saint-like about not minding that our children walked in and immediately started climbing their walls. Even their salads were friendly.
At one point, out of nowhere, Hopper starts opening up their kitchen drawers to find a "Super He-wo" costume. I don't know what to call this.  Muffin Man is already taken, right? 

The Baker of Doom?
I just thank god no cutlery is involved.

And that's what we did. How 'bout you? 


No comments: