Saturday, February 09, 2013

Dance of the Happy Fat Kid

As far as looks go, you really don't get much more opposite than me than my youngest son. He's blonde and blue-eyed where I have dark hair and eyes. He's peaches and cream where I'm sorta olive-skinned. It doesn't bother me so much as amuse me, but still I have to admit, it's somewhat satisfying somewhat when things start to manifest in his personality that I KNOW come at least partially from me. For example, his love of books (Me),  his general affection for all animals (moi),  baths (ok, that one is more his dad), and here's one that I laugh about because I can't tell you how many times I've been made fun of for doing this: doing an involuntary little dance when someone gives you food you like. If you give Rowan a french fry, he gets down--Cheese Dip? Like Studio 54 up in this mug . Sam refers to this as "The Dance of the Happy Fat Kid." I've done it for as long as I can remember.. though maybe with slightly less enthusiasm? I'm not sure I've ever Dropped It Like It's Hot like Rowan starts doing here at the end..

No comments: