Monday, February 03, 2014

Growth Chart

 If I were more of a crafty person, I would have devised some other kind of cutesy growth chart, but as it is, I just sort of haphazardly started marking Hopper's height on the door frame to our hallway back when he was about as tall as my knee and then just never stopped. I try to remember to mark the boys' growth about every 3-4 months because it always changes and it always sort of astounds me. But then I remember the out of nowhere total meltdowns over the wrong episode of Bananas in Pyjamas and the many times poor Hop has woken up in the middle of the night clutching his shins crying OW OW OW and then I think, "oh. yeah. Growing pains." Yikes. Anyway, I just measured the boys on Sunday because my sister had just been talking how tall they were now. Kathy and I are only about a 1/2 inch apart ourselves (depending on shoes and whichever one of us is lying).

Since January of last year, Hopper has (only) grown 2 1/2 inches--none at all since October, which is a bit of a slowdown for him.

he is now 3'9
 Rowan, on the other hand,  Mister Scream Until His Face Is Purple If You Give Him Cheezits Godforbid Instead of Goldfish, has grown 4 1/4 inches since January of last year.
He is now 3'2

Sort of explains a lot of that crankiness, huh?  God I hope so. I'd hate to think they're that invested in Bananas in Pyjamas. Because that would be weird.

No comments: