Wednesday, July 30, 2014

The Yellow Boat

Every night when the boys are eating their dinner, Hopper will ask me to film him telling knock knock jokes on my iphone so he can then watch himself immediately afterwards and laugh at his joke like he's never heard  it before. It's very cute and sometimes, the jokes even make sense. (not usually though). I've been meaning to post some up on the blog but just haven't gotten around to it. Tonight, Hopper asked me to film him singing his new favorite song, "The Yellow Boat." And this is where it all starts to go downhill.



Yeah, I suggested that maybe, just MAYBE that song is actually Yellow SUBMARINE.
"No, it's not."
"Yes, baby, it is. Trust me, I've heard it a few times."
"NO IT ISN'T, IT'S THE YELLOW BOAT."
And we go back and forth like this for a few minutes til I figure, hey, he doesn't have to take MY word for it, I'll just show him the real deal on YouTube. So, I do. Yeah. No dice.



I played the song for him, give him ACTUAL PROOF and he is still not budging.   I'm starting to give up at this point, but he's not. He wants me to show him the REAL song on YouTube, the one he's been singing. You know, that classic hit of the 1960's,  "YELLOW BOAT". Kee-rist.



I stopped filming because while he's thinking about how sad it is that I don't know the real name of the song, he's just stuffing a hotdog into his face and smacking his food obnoxiously, which is a tactic he utilizes to throw his opponents off.  Right after I stopped filming, he says to me, "You know, the Yellow Boat video is a LOT better, too."

No comments: