Thursday, November 05, 2015

God Bless America

So, Hopper was telling about the songs they've been learning in music class that they're going to be singing at an upcoming school function. He says there's this one song that makes him cry. This piques my interest.

Me: So what is this song that makes you cry?

Hop: I don't know the name of it, but it goes like GOOOOOOD BLESS AMMERRIIICAAAAA.

Me: You mean, "God Bless America?"

Hop: YES, THAT ONE.

Me: So, how does it go?

Hop:
Gooooooooood bless America!
Laaannd that I love!
Stand beside her and guide her,
with the knife and the light from aboooooooove.
From the mountaaaaains,
To the prairieeeess,
To the oceanssssss,
Where we swiiiiiimmmmm,
Goooooooooood bless America!
My hoooooommme sweeeet hooooomme!

Me: so what about it makes you cry?

Hop: oh, the home sweet home part because that's my most favorite place!

crap. Now I'm crying.

No comments: