Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Ground Effects


You know those souped up cars and trucks that have the glowing lights underneath? I think it's called "ground effects" but I'm a sheltered nerd living in the 'burbs, so I have no idea.

Anyway, we now have, um, "ground effects" in our kitchen. It's one of Roy's latest projects. Our house was built in the 1970's so we had all sorts of weird features (like a hitching post in the living room, I'm not kidding) but the most annoying was the damned flourescent lighting everywhere. We pretty much immediately took down the huge light tube that was in the kitchen and it's been vacant ever since. Til Sam and Roy got the idea for a replacement lighting system. (actually, we were going for LED lighting, but no one seems to carry it around here). This is what they've come up with. There are two switches. One is for the main white lights and the other is for the blue lights. You can have both on at the same time or just one or the other. I have no freakin' idea what the benefits of having ground effects in the kitchen might be. But I'm thinking our next move should be airbrushing a mural of Our Lady of Guadalupe above the stove..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That or you could use rims on your cabinets...and who knows...maybe at your next party, that could be the disco dancing room. Ha Ha C-Love

Anonymous said...

but, it's ALREADY the disco dancing room... ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God you are so funny! Can you make the blue lights flash or rotate? That'd be my suggestion. 24/7 Hannukah.