Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Chimi some Lovin'

A couple of years ago, perusing the hotsauce aisle in our HEB I found this stuff--I can't remember what the brand name of it was but it was chimichurri sauce which is basically a south american sort of salsa, but not really salsa--more like a tangy herby chunky tapenade. For at least the next 6mths I had to put it on everything I ate. Besides pancakes. And then for whatever reason, our store stopped carrying it and I went into a chimi-less state of depression. Anyway, Kitty Crider has a recipe for it in her column today. You can also find lots of different recipes on the web, but this sounds like the stuff I'm missing...

Chimichurri
1/2 cup white vinegar
Juice from 2 lemons
3/4 cup olive oil or other good quality vegetable oil
3 Tbsp. crushed red pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped, preferably by hand
1/4 cup garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. oregano
Salt and pepper to taste


Combine all ingredients and let sit for 24 hours for flavors to blend. Makes 2 1/2 cups.


Yay!

No comments: