Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Knowing My Limitations..

Even though I'm not really a practicing Catholic anymore, I still usually participate in Lent, though I'm not so into giving up stuff. I'd rather work with positives. As in, instead of "No Eating Velveeta", it's more like "Make healthier cheese choices." So this year, my friend Jenny and I made a list of 10 things we're going to try and do to make our lives a little better physically and mentally. Little things like: taking time out each week for a long hot bath and hour of relaxation, adding exercise to our daily routine, getting enough sleep, laying off the chocolate and soda, etc. In coming up with the list, Jenny wondered if we shouldn't try to add "Be Nicer to People."

We both thought about it for about 2 seconds and then I decided, "Nah, that's too hard."

No comments: