Monday, March 27, 2006

Gloom, Despair and Agony On Me


I don't really care how much I get mocked for this, so I'm not afraid to say that Hee Haw was such a big part of my childhood. More than Mr. Rogers, Captain Kangaroo, Sesame Street and even Zoom! Our family was glued to the TV when it was on. And I crazy loved it, even though I didn't get most of the jokes.

I remember all four of us used to shout right along to "Where oh Where are you tonight? Why did you leave me here all alone? I searched the world over and thought I'd found true love, but you met another and Pfft! You was gone.." And I'm sure that is a less fun memory for my mom because we always had to compete to see who could make the biggest fart noise during that song...

So it was with sadness that I read about the passing of Buck Owens this past weekend. I know his legacy is so much bigger than that ridiculous show but, for me, it's a memory I'll always hold dear to my cotton pickin' heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey you forgot the saliva that went with all of that farting noise! Much love to my LEE-LEE