Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Medical Mystery

So, last night, I was hanging out watching a terrible Tom Hanks movie when I look over and see that Duke, one of my fosters, has an eye about the size of a softball. I won't describe it in full detail and lucky lucky for you my camera was out of batteries, but trust me, it was kind of like this.



Needless to say, I panicked. What the hell happened? Does he have SuperFast Onset Glaucoma?? Eye CANCER?? Is some sort of ALIEN going to start crawling out of that thing??? Did he get bitten in the eye by a SCORPION?? (note: I have not actually ever seen a scorpion in my house... but they are quite common down here and note #2: if I ever do see a scorpion in my house, you will hear me screaming up in Nova Scotia because scorpions freak the s*** out of me).

I was going to take him to the emergency clinic, but I called my mentor Diane first, and she talked me down from the ceiling and told me to give him some Benadryl. Just normal over the counter antihistamine. And you know, it actually worked. The swelling started going down and this morning every thing was normal. Whew!

Plus, when you give them antihistamines, cocker spaniels go beddie bye bye like this.



awww, Duke, I'm glad your scary eyeball went away.

No comments: