Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Right back at ya, West

This nice lady rescued the cutest dog and writes funny about it. (and she blogged me! little ol' me!)

I remember when I first started doing the rescue thing and I thought that I was never going to be one of those "crazy dog ladies" with the Eddie Van Halen 2006 hair (see yesterday's post), the mom jeans, the beat-up station wagon, the ever-present faint smell of urine, complete social disdain for anything without four legs...

I remember making fun of those people and now I've got one claw on the tip of normality and I rely on the kindness of total strangers (and my loving friends and family) to keep tipping me back. If there's any advice I can give anyone it's: just say "No" to the 10th dog. Just don't even let yourself go there.

No comments: