Thursday, April 20, 2006

Adventures in Veterinary Medicine

Things I've learned this week thus far:

(don't read if you've got a sensitive tummy..)

A dog can barf way more food than you put into it.

Ditto on the other end.

Given the choice between trying to get a two year old human to blow its nose and getting a two year old cocker spaniel to blow its nose, I'm pretty sure I got the short end of the stick.

If the vet tech tells you three times that you shouldn’t insert the IV needle too hard into the dog’s haunch or it will go right back through the other side of the skin, chances are you will be nervous enough to do exactly that.

A good dog is one that will not try to bite you even though you’ve just impaled them with an IV needle.


In the future, if I ever say "I shoulda been a vet," somebody kick me.

1 comment:

happyboogie said...

I almost couldn't read all of this post because I was laughing so hard at the first line. I'm going to share that with my veterinarian friend. :-)