Friday, May 05, 2006

OMG


I remember when I heard they were re-doing the classic movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp and thought that was going to be the coolest thing ever... Til I saw it. ahem. And then I was pretty hard pressed to find another movie that made me want as much to stick a shiv in my ear.. just to remove the sound of that creepy, creepy Willy Wonka voice (anyone else, or was that just me?). And the one guy just copied over and over and over to be the Oompa Loompas?? It gave me NIGHTMARES.

good god, that movie was bad. (taking a moment to complete scrub all visual and audio images of it from my brain..)

Anyway, so now there are reports that Spike Jonze (Spike Jonze!!) is making a big-screen version of Where the Wild Things Are with mother-effing Dave Eggers (Dave Eggers!!) writing the screenplay. Oh and some other pretty cool people doing voices and stuff. Now, it's okay for me to get excited about this, right? I mean, how on earth could they f&#$ this up?? Can I get a squee??

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Personally, the old Willy Wonka freaked me out when we were kids. I thought it was good except the Oompa guys...