Monday, May 15, 2006

ow

I have lots of fun stuff to share today, but I am so sore I can barely move to type. As it turns out, the rumor about Mother's Day being the best day of the year to go to Schlitterbahn (the hottest coolest time in Texas) is absolutely true. We got an inkling that it was so when we saw the near empty parking lot when we pulled up at noon. Normally, you get there before the park opens and you still end up walking a mile from your parking spot to the front gate. In addition to it being Mother's Day, it was also predicted to rain (which it didn't) and the weather was mostly dark and cloudy. All of this meant that we had absoutely zero wait time on any of the rides. The last time I went, my sister and I waited two hours to ride the Master Blaster. This time? Well, I didn't ride the Master Blaster more than once because it scares the shit out of me, but if I wanted to, I could have ridden it at least 50 times in that two hours.

So we ran all over the place, riding our favorite rides over and over again. The down side? Since they're all really high elevated slides and rides, we pretty much spent six straight hours of climbing stairs. Lots and lots of stairs. meeeeellions of stairs. Stairs-a-palooza. It was kinda like this.

I got out of bed this morning and almost fell down. My legs can barely move. I'm not going to say that I'm too old for this stuff anymore but holy crap, I need a wheelchair today.

No comments: