Thursday, August 03, 2006

Doy

Doy yoy yoy, I had the dumbest morning. First, my regular 7-dog alarm clock decided to let me sleep in for the first time in 5 months. How charming. So I woke up at 7:30 needing to leave the house at 7:45 in order to get Ruthie to the vet and get to work on time. I was doing well--dropped the dog off, hit minimum traffic, actually got to work with a few minutes to spare. Til I realized I left my purse, that bag with all my earthly possessions, sitting smack in the middle of my driveway. I had put it there when I was shoving the dog in the car, thinking I would turn around and grab it next. Yeah. I skipped that part. Cue to me speeding down the freeway going 90 miles an hour trying to get back to my house before someone discovered that I'm dimwitted enough to leave my purse that holds the financial information for 3 different checking accounts out in the open for anyone to take.

Believe it or not, it was still there. Whew. Once again the patron saint of idiots has sheltered me from dire consequences.

One bright spot, since I was listening to the radio later than usual, I got to hear my friend Elizabeth McQueen of Elizabeth McQueen and the Firebrands play live on KGSR. The band has a show tonight at the Continental Club which I would love to go to if it weren't starting at midnight. They're very fun to hear. Plus, since Elizabeth joined Asleep at the Wheel, they don't play around town as much. You really should go check them out.

No comments: