Monday, September 18, 2006

Ow, part 2

I gotta say, I was so sore (sunburned) and tired Saturday night that I was *theeess close* to not going back to ACL on Sunday and that woulda been a dang shame because if I hadn't gone, I would have missed the short little gray-haired man who had to have been about 70 years old bellowing lyrics to "Piss up a Rope" at the Ween show.

And I would have been really bummed to have missed The Flaming Lips who were hilarious and awesome. I mean, I've only seen them once before so I can't really say it was the BEST FLAMING LIPS CONCERT EVER. But, it was pretty f***ing good. They played The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song, Tangerine and Do You Realize all in a row and I was pretty hoarse after that. I also might have busted out some non-rhythmic head bopping but I didn't noodle dance. Like the chick behind me in the tie-dye dress. Put it AWAY, Naomi.

Sam wanted to go see Muse, which: meh. Whatever, I wasn't too excited about them, but somebody slap me because they were incredible. Not usually my kind of music and I am not wild about the song they keep playing on the radio here over and over: Knights of something or other which I honestly thought was a joke the first time I heard it..BUT the lead singer guy not only has an amazing voice Live, he can play the hell out of some guitar. I was really impressed, enough to recommend you go listen to them now.

So thanks again, Megan, it was awesome and thanks to you, I'll be humming this all day..


If you could blow up the world with the flick of a switch
Would you do it?
If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich
Would you do it?

If you could watch everybody work while you just lay on your back
Would you do it?
If you could take all the love without giving any back
Would you do it?

And so we cannot know ourselves
Or what we'd really do

With all your power
With all your power
With all your power
What would you do?

If you could make your own money and then give it to everybody
Would you do it?
If you knew all the answers and could give to the masses
Would you do it?
(Yeah yeah yeah yeah/no no no no)

Are you crazy?
It's a very dangerous thing to do exactly what you want
Because you cannot know yourself, or what you'd really do

With all your power
With all your power
With all your power
What would you do?

No comments: