Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I got my Eye on you...

Octooooooober--woooo! This is my favorite month, seriously. And I don't even have a birthday in it. The temperature drops to less than 90 degrees. There are some trees in far parts of Austin that look like they might consider changing color...It's a regular Autumn Festival. Not to mention at least 3 different Oktoberfests happening every weekend. My sister called the other day to say she had ordered the kids Halloween costumes. I would take a moment to deride her for not being more creative and taking them to Goodwill like our mom used to for our Halloween Costumes, but hell, there's only so many ways you can fancy up "Hobo". And they're not yet at an age where they appreciate the more ironic or gross costumes that I can think of so I'll give her a break for another year.

You don't even have to ask. Of course, I've already figured out what I'm going to be. I haven't quite gotten the complete design down, but I can tell you that there will be eyeballs. Lots and lots of eyeballs. eeek!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I think the goodwill only has costumes fit for being a ummm....
hooker these days.

Steph said...

Um, I don't know what part of Austin you've been hanging out in, but I see no indication that the temperature is going to drop to less than 90. Previously, October was one of my favorite months too, but I think I'm going to give that honor to November instead. Maybe that should move Oktoberfest to November? You have to have the right weather for some serious beer drinking.

Stinkydog said...

what's wrong with hooker "costumes"? Couldn't you just say she was dressed as a Bratz Doll? heh.

we can always *dream* it'll be less than 90 degrees...