Friday, October 27, 2006

This is why I'm not a doctor

So, I mentioned that I thought I had a pinched nerve in my back-- This diagnosis of mine came from the fact that I've been completely unable to sit, stand, lay down, do the hokey pokey and/or turn myself around, all week without major pain. The Vicodins, hooooo they help, they really do, but they weren't making anything go away. So I went in for a CT scan today and as it turns out, it's not my back/spine after all. I have Pleurisy. That's Tuberculosis Lite, for you non-medical folks. Kidding. Not really Tuberculosis, but it is an infection of the lining of my lungs. Funny thing is, I don't feel sick at all. It's more a feeling of someone kicking me in the chest REALLY HARD repeatedly, but not a hack, hack, cough, cough thing. So I get the Big Gun Antibiotics and lots of bed rest and then I'm back to full Stinkydog-age again in 4-6 weeks. In the meantime, I hear the muscle relaxers I'll be on may lead to some interesting posts..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leeeeee! You better take good care of yourself! Call us if you need anything this weekend...