Monday, November 20, 2006

Craigslist Monday

well, I wasn't planning on making this a regular thing, but since I already went there, here's another Craigslist Monday from the Pets section..

(edited by me with contact info taken out)

Have doggie door, need dog that fits
Reply to:
Date: 2006-11-20, 11:48AM CST

Door measures 12" X 7" need shorthair canine buddy that easily passes thru. ... Prefer 2 years or less. Lives with full-time agoraphobic human. Has fenced, acre sized, yard with crows, moles and squirrels to chase. Facilities to come in or out at whim. Transportation limited but can pick up if this situation is compatible with a canine you know that desires country living.

I can't put my finger on what it is about this post that made me laugh and laugh. Possibly it's the "Put the Lotion in the Basket"/Edward Gorey-inspired nature of it all. Can't you see this as the basis for some sort of twisted children's cautionary tale? Anti-social country troll seeks animal companion solely for its ability to fit through his doggie door, and incidentally, also his breadbox. "Put the puppy in the slot, we'll see if it fits. Arrrgh"

I NEED A SMALL PUPPY.....please.
Reply to:
Date: 2006-11-20, 4:46PM CST

Hello me and my roomate are looking for a small puppy to adopt. We are basically broke college students, so we can't afford to buy one, if you are looking to give away any puppies we are most certainly interested. No larger than 50 lbs dougs though, thank you.

Sorry Dude, most of the "Dougs" I know top 175, at least.



yes, I'm already aware I'm going to hell. I'll save you a seat.

No comments: