Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Wishes


Tonight I had a date with Mazzy, my favorite 3 year old, to go to the Trail of Lights in Zilker Park. They have millions of lights strewn everywhere with Christmas scenes and music and dancing. It's as close as you can get to the North Pole here in Austin, even if it is 75 degrees. At the end of the Trail, there's a 15 story man-made Christmas Tree . The tradition is: you're supposed to stand underneath the tree, spin and make a Christmas Wish. I told Mazz that we each got three wishes to make under the tree and as long as we didn't fall down when we were spinning, they'd come true (I might have made that last part up, but she likes a challenge).

So, we get to the tree and spin for our wishes. After we finished, I asked Mazzy what she wished for. She wished for pretty things for her hair, a purple suitcase and a Hello Kitty purse. I told her that I wished for all my foster doggies to find good homes, for everyone I love to be happy and healthy and for there to be Peace in the World.

Mazzy thought about it for a second, patted my arm and said, "You probably should have asked for a purple suitcase."

No comments: