Monday, March 19, 2007

little toughs



so, here's how the maternity ward is looking these days...not so much different from a war zone...with lots and lots of poop. That's Delaney, giving me the Death Stare 2007 (not really, she just wants cookies). You might notice from these pics (if you haven't noticed already) that I didn't dock the tails of these pups. That's right. No nubbin. It wasn't a hard choice for me. I know some people really prefer it on a spaniel and, historically, it was necessary for various reasons, but nowadays, I think there's lots of good argument against it and fyi--most of Europe is with me on that one. I don't feel passionately either way, to be honest, it's just a choice I made. The other litter is docked and I think all 15 of them are equally cute, but it's funny: with one move, I managed to polarize our group into those who really think that docked is what cocker spaniels should look like and those like me who think it's silly (plus, how fun is it to watch their tails actually wag??)

3 comments:

Steph said...

Have you thought of sending all this to www.cuteoverload.com? Cause I think you've got an overload of cuteness.

Anonymous said...

I support your decision completely! Doogle was un-docked, and she was adorable, even into her old age. Granted she wasn't pure-bred, but she looked very much like a (very big) cocker spaniel to me. Her tail wagging was awesome! Even after she lost her hearing, vision, and urinary continence, she could still smell, chase, and eat bugs and garbage and wag her long, furry tail. But anyway, back to the youthful puppies...

Stinkydog said...

oh, I've sent lots of puppy shots to cuteoverload. We don't pass muster, apparently. :(

Doogle *was* cute, wasn't she.