Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ugh

I'm sorry, but this is just so stupid. There's this coffee trailer on my way to work where coffee drinks are served by women in "sexy" outfits. Nauseatingly, it's called "Latte Dolls".

C'mon. Are people sooooo in need of being enticed to drink coffee in the mornings that we need to resort to the hootchie? Does this even work? I mean, I can see how mediocre buffalo wings in a sports bar* might need some help, but coffee?? And keep in mind, it's a trailer, meaning: it's all out in the open, business is conducted in a parking lot and cars have to drive up to order. I don't know about you, but when I see a woman on the sidewalk in hotpants and a midriff-baring shirt waving traffic over, the situation usually calls to mind something a bit more illegal than a cup of joe, you know what I'm saying?

I'm not saying the baristas are prostitutes, in fact, I'm sure they're probably not. So why try to look like you are??

And "Latte Dolls???" What the hell is that? It doesn't even rhyme. Or mean anything besides "I'm too busy being sexist right now to come up with a better name." And no, it would not make me feel better about the idea if they hired cute guys in banana hammocks to pour cappucino, either.

it's just so... DUMB. yeesh.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

The tip jar is empty and those girls look way too old to bring in any business that might last more than a couple of weeks. Austin is way to weird or cool for this!!!