Thursday, February 21, 2008

Hubby This

Mel pretty much covers all the words that were inexplicably left off The Banished Words of 2008. I don't have much to add other than that there's this one little word that needs to go away. It just...bugs me. I know it's innocuous, but I just can't stand the word: "hubby." gah!

I'm sorry, there are those of you who read this blog who regularly use this word and please know that while I never think any less of you, every time you use it, I can only think of Jean Teasdale and then I mentally have to change the word in my head to something like "S.O." or you know..husband . Sort of like when I start talking about dogs too much and you have to tune me out or pretend that I actually have other things to talk about so you can continue to be my friend. See how that works? It's what we do for one another when we really care.

1 comment:

Mel Francis said...

heh. Hubby doesn't bother me. On the other hand, "hubster" drives me fucking nuts.