Sunday, September 07, 2008

Olivia

We went to Olivia for brunch today and I will say, a little pricey--not omg we'll have to break into the college fund pricey, but not inexpensive. That said everything was really really yum. They say on their menu that they do their best to support local farmers, foragers and producers and you can tell. Everything was super-fresh. I got the orange juice and it couldn't have been any perkier if they had a waiter standing over me to squirt oranges directly into my mouth. I also had the farm fresh eggs (refraining from making any comments about chickens squirting anything directly into my mouth, but yes, they were really fresh). And their bacon was incredible. Homemade ketchup on the fries--very yummy. Sam had the Olivia Benedict which was made with braised short ribs, poached farm eggs and hollandaise and he pronounced it ok tasty but not something he'd order again--the baguette was not warm and the shortribs were a little fatty. Our companions had a truffled duck omelette (not on the online menu for whatever reason) and the potato gnocchi. I can't speak for them, but I can tell you, plates were clean. The only thing I regret is not trying the gouda grits because that sounds like something I could really dig into. All in all, we give it a farm fresh thumbs up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

notice how your recent blogs have turned to the subject of food...lol...well, u are eating for two. Court