Monday, November 10, 2008

Just Us


so, my LAST foster dog was adopted this weekend. It was completely unexpected and actually, I'm still in a little bit of shock. It isn't that he's ugly or horrible--that's him to the right --he is actually quite pretty--and note the angelic look I managed to capture, so...misleading. I'm kidding, it really wasn't that he was awful (unless you consider pissing on everything and hurtling himself at the front door every time you left the house to be "awful" which...dude, yall don't even know-- I could tell some stories...),he was just one of those dogs that would be perfectly fine at home and then you get him out in public and he turned into Cujo. Lunging at toddlers and elderly people Cujo. It was embarrassing. I seriously thought I'd still be fostering this dog in my 80's. I know dogs don't normally live that long, but it would be my luck that he would. But anyway, this lady met him and fell in love and actually thought the Cujo thing was kinda cute. I just about fell out. It was amazing. He was even slightly less Cujo with her SO, off he went and I can't even tell you how quiet it was at the house last night. I mean, we still have our four dogs, but it's really a huge change. I gotta say, I'm kinda loving it.

No comments: