Thursday, January 29, 2009

comparing notes

After four days of dealing with the puppy that makes the world's most annoying noise, I (wisely, I think) decided to transfer her to someone who knows that breed a little better, or at least, might be a little more deaf than I am. The following exchange is between me and the schnauzer rescue lady:

Me: Thank you for taking her! she's a very sweet girl, but we just can't handle that bark. It, like, makes the light fixtures vibrate.

Her: Oh, they all sound like that.

Me: ALL of them? my god. How do you make it through the day without sticking a Spork in your ear?

Her: How do you deal with cocker spaniels? they're so DUMB

Me: Yes, but quietly so.

Her: You can muzzle a bark,but you can't muzzle stupid.

Me: good point.

4 comments:

Older not wiser said...

That sounds like a good doggie shirt-"You can't muzzle stupid"

The Girl You Used to Know said...

I want a shirt that says "You can't muzzle stupid."

Must. Have. Now.

Anonymous said...

I just wanna say that I voted for "You can't muzzle stupid" before I even read the blog about it...that's great

Anonymous said...

I just wanna say that I voted for "You can't muzzle stupid" before I even read the blog about it...that's great