Wednesday, January 28, 2009

whining

Is it Friday yet? good lord this week is dragging, don't you think? We were supposed to get our big ice storm last night, but as anyone who has lived in Austin for more than five minutes knows, "big ice storm" can easily be translated into: "it got a little chilly and that's it, you suckers." Bummer--I really needed the day off too--I haven't been sleeping well the past couple of nights. I keep getting these crappy leg cramps and yes, Nurse Lynne, I am drinking the #*@*ing water. So much water, in fact, that I have to get up at least 3 times a night to potty. (tmi for the rest of you,I know, sorry). When I do get to sleep, I end up with the baby bunching up on one side of my tum which is about as pleasant as you can imagine--especially when you stand up and he stretches his way back across your mid-section and you can actually see this happen in a ripple motion--and nah,that's not FREAKISH AT ALL. They say this period of pregnancy when you are really effing uncomfortable all the time is your body's way of conditioning you to get used to the upcoming weeks of no sleep at all from yammering newborn. To which I say: bite me, I need a nap.
we (officially) have five weeks to go. Sigh.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I think the last few weeks of pregnancy are something you go through so that when your toddler tears some of your favorite books to pieces, drags the cat across the living room by the tail, and smashes your favorite vase while laughing and spitting milk through his teeth, you don't murder him because you remember how much trouble it was to get him here in the first place.

Or maybe that's just me.

Allison said...

Hey, Steph, when did my child go to your house?