Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hey, are you still here? How's it going with everyone? I have absolutely no sense of what day it is or what time of day it might be, but that's ok. That stuff is probably overrated anyway. It can't beat remembering to have dinner sometime around 1:30am, right? Honestly, despite the general haziness and date/time confusion, it hasn't been that bad I know we've only been HOME home for day now, but being in the hospital was not all that different--it's not like they took him away every time he cried or needed a diaper change or anything (trust me, this was an issue). I think if I hadn't had surgery, I'd be totally on top of things, but right now, I'm still hurtie and because I'm averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night (in 45 minute increments), I often forget to take my pain pills on time. BIG MISTAKE. Because then all of a sudden, you go to pick up the baby and it feels like someone stuck a branding iron to your tum. I'm hoping that all goes away pretty soon because I'm almost out of my Hillbilly Heroin, I mean: prescribed pain medication.
Anyway, the debate is still going on about who the kiddo looks like. So far, he doesn't look like either one of us. Though I think he's got my look of "HUH?" down pretty well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He is so beautiful! He doesnt even look like a newborn...and I can see both you and Sam in his cute lil face:)