Thursday, April 02, 2009

bluebonnets


bluebonnets
Originally uploaded by leeble1
yesterday I spent about two hours driving around looking for a good spot of bluebonnets where I could take a picture of Hopper. I must have gone all over creation by the Ladybird Johnson Wildflower Center and barely found one hardscrabble patch. Put it this way: it involved me parking on a steep hillside with my emergency blinkers on, moving a rusty beer can out of the way and hoping to Jeebus there weren't any rattlesnakes around (it was a distinct possibility)... all for not a great payoff. This was the best shot I got. And while I realize that this picture makes you want to nibble on his nose a little, I think I can do better. So, Suzy and I are going on a little Bluebonnet Mission Impossible Outing on Friday. I know what you're thinking--I mean, how hard can it be to find good bluebonnets in Austin in the springtime?? Well, if you know so much, smartypants, give me the scooby because apparently, I don't have a clue.

2 comments:

Allison said...

I always see good ones along 360 just west of Mopac.

Steph said...

Corner of 360 and Lost Creek. Park in one of the parking lots on Lost Creek, and then the area in front of the stone monument is full of flowers. We will be there tonight, possibly with Saul's little gf Sabrina.