Friday, May 08, 2009

So, tonight I am leaving Hopper with a babysitter for the first time to go to a friend's wedding. Ok, technically, it's not the first time I've left him with someone else. When he was 3 weeks old, I went out to lunch while his Gram watched him. I mean,the fact that I cried a little in the car on the way to that lunch in no way reflects her quality of care, I think I might have just been a little hormonal. OK, FINE, I'm just a freak that doesn't ever want to leave her baby. Truth is, I like to be around him all day long and sometimes even I'll just sniff his fuzzy little head because I think it's the best smell in the entire world. I mean, it's not like I don't want to go out and see my friends, drink a beer and dance badly...it's just that sometimes when Hop is sleeping, he just smiles the biggest grin outta nowhere and I really hate missing that.

So yeah, I go back to work in 9 days...you might want to order up some prozac for me now ahead of time.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Babies' heads have the best smell...how could I forget to sniff Hopper's head when he was here?