Thursday, June 25, 2009

Prom-a-Palooza

ok, well the first thing you might be wondering is, Hey Lee, why did you go to 5000 proms? And the answer to that is, I didn't, it was only six. I know, it sounds like a lot, but really it isn't when you consider we had both our (all-girl) school and the all-boy school down the road and that both schools opened up the prom to both Juniors and Seniors--that's four right there, and then add to that the possibility that you were asked as a sophomore by a junior to one prom and then all the public school proms you might have been asked to... actually, I got off pretty light. HOWEVER, there were also a meeellion other dances: Homecoming, Christmas Formal...Yall, this is only a smidgen of the photos I have of us at formal dances. And furthermore,these don't even include my own senior prom. hoo, that was a banner night. Future tip for all you kiddies: don't ask someone you've known for less than two weeks and therefore don't know that the guy is hyper-conservative and is going to try and pick a fight with your best friend's punk rock date at dinner. And that my friends, is all I remember of my prom. Well, that and kicking Courtney's date out of my car because he was a goober. Yeah, I have no pictures of us from that night. Go figure.










BONUS! Remember yesterday when I told you there was footage of me wearing a poof dress? Yeah, here it is--don't worry, this dress did not actually make it to any prom...but man, I probably coulda stored a flask in there..or a cooler, really.

2 comments:

Older not wiser said...

You talked of "Bell" babies the other day-OMG-I can't believe how much MY girls look like you esp the last one of you in the plaid.

Suzy said...

I can't believe I am saying this, but these dresses aren't that hideous!!! Especially the plaid, and your cream ruffle neck thing in the fourth photo. Love those!